Color Throwdowns Sketches My NON-TAC Blog My Family Ramblings and Photos

Friday, July 22, 2011

As seen in the 2011-2012 TAC Inspiration Catalog

Introducing...Brandy and Emma...

Oh this kiddo and her pooch collection by Phyllis Harris has to be one of the BIGGEST hits in the whole catalog right now.  I think everyone loves this little girl and her adventures with her adorable pooch Brandy...or is it Emma?  Well, either way, they are sooooo cute! 

 Coloring these images brought back some bittersweet memories of me when I was about 6 or 7 and a long drive to the country to give a farming family my precious pooch.  My family was moving and for some reason, couldn't take her with us.  I'll never forget it!  That drive, the long gravel road, the barn, the goodbye puppy hug...are etched into my memory forever! 
And here is another card that didn't make the catalog but boy, did I love coloring the pooch in grays...I wanted the focus to be on the sentiment...and the pooch was delivering the message perfectly.  PS...This card was on display at Seminar and some stranger came up and bought it right off the display board!  Too shocking!


2 comments:

  1. Hey Kerry, I have all of these sets now, and adore them. Check out Phyllis Harris blog where she shares that Brandy is the dog, and Emma the little girl.
    http://phyllisharris.blogspot.com/2011/06/brandy-lives-on-in-stamps.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my....this post made me cry! Thank you so much for sharing this with me, Kerry! These stamp designs are near and dear to my heart. I share about my sweet Brandy, my late golden retriever here http://phyllisharris.blogspot.com/2008/10/goodbye-my-sweet-brandy.html
    and Emma is based on my daughter Emily, who is now 24. Thank you, thank you for sharing your story with me. I'll email you a little later when I return from my errands.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to view my blog and comment on my work. I appreciate it!