Color Throwdowns Sketches My NON-TAC Blog My Family Ramblings and Photos

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Christmas in July...More for my Box!

 Hello again!  I'm so having fun with Christmas In July.  My box is making me HAPPY!!! I'm so thrilled that I am getting a head-start on my Christmas Cards this year.  This card is pretty simple and easy to mass produce, for sure!!!  I used one of my new favorite background stamps to create the bottom border with my Kaleidacolor pad.  The sentiment was stamped in Memento Danube Blue.  When my card was finished, I thought it looked a bit flat so I added some Crystal Stickles to give it more POP! 

Stamps:  T3495 For Everything, Trendy Greetings
Ink:  Kaleidacolor Memento Danube Blue
Caboodles cardstock
Colored Cardstock: The Paper Company:  Aegean Sea
Ribbon:  Offray
Stickles: Crystal

Now here's another take on the same design...Just added a Spellbinders/Martha Stewart Snowflake and colored/cut the lady from Who Am I.  I'm not sure I like it or not, but maybe it'll grow on me...
The sentiment comes from the new set Dotted Peony by Nina Brackett.  That verse always makes me think of the songs we sing at Christmas Eve Services.
I stamped the skirt onto the blue cardstock then colored to shade it with Copics.  I also added Stickles to her shirt.  Oh, yeah...I added a nose too...I didn't like that she looked like her nose froze off!!!
Details: 
Stamps:  T3495 For Everything, TB3488 Who Am I, RN-2 Dotted Peony
Ink:  Kaleidacolor S017 Blue Breeze, SC900 Memento Tuxedo Black
Caboodles Cardstock
Copic Xpress It Card
Copics:  B00, 02, 28, E00, 01, 50 
The Paper Company:  Aegean Sea
White Ribbon:  Offray
Spellbinders Snowflakes and Martha Stewart Snowflake
Making Memories bling brad
Diamond Stickles

I'll be back tomorrow with another card for my Christmas Box...Stay tuned!

3 comments:

  1. ha, ha, ha about adding a nose! LOVE it! Cool cards - love they aren't the traditional Christmas cards. Makes me want to think outside the box!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the stickles for the added touch

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the first card best, but the way you cut out and used that lady is very clever!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to view my blog and comment on my work. I appreciate it!