Color Throwdowns Sketches My NON-TAC Blog My Family Ramblings and Photos

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Grand Calibur Dreams....

Do you have the Grand Calibur yet?  If not, I HIGHLY recommend it!!! It cuts and embosses like a dream!  I love it.  This weekend I've been playing with my new GC and have been so surprised at how much easier it is to cut and emboss than my Cuttlebug.  Now, I still LOVE my little Bug, but it was taking about NINE passes to cut and emboss using it and I could only cut about one or two projects at a time.  All it takes is ONE pass with my Grand Calibur and I can cut a whole 8 1/2 x 11 piece of paper with it!!! 

Now that brings me to my sleeping episode last night.  I dreamed...about the Grand Calibur.  I was making all kinds of things in an assembly line.  I couldn't crank the handle fast enough...If you remember that I Love Lucy episode in the chocolate shop, that's kinda what it was like.  I was all alone, rolling, rolling, rolling!  Not quite a nightmare, but sure got me into the mood to use my new machine!

I have a few Grand dies so far and plan on getting more in the near future.  I love that they continue the nesting size of their smaller partners. 

Today I'm sharing a little card I made using my new Grand Labels 4.  This die set coordinates with the other Labels 4 dies so now I have more than 8 nested sizes in this design.  Perfect for a Step book, don't you think?  I've seen so much done with these dies and I cannot wait to make some great table books, gift bags and other fun projects with this die set. 


  • I wanted to focus on the fabulous die shape so I cut and embossed it in "Splash" Bazzill cardstock. 
  • After embossing, I cut the diecut in half (Now I can make TWO of these cards!) and stamped T3012 Delicate Florals all over the paper using Memento Summer Sky Ink.  Since I LOVE distressed designs, I used my dry Versafine Onyx pad (YES...DON'T EVER THROW YOUR DRY PAD AWAY.  It works beautifully for distressing) all over the edges. 
  • After that, I attached it to white cardstock that was distressed the same way. 
  • I stamped some additional flowers from the set and colored them with my Copics (B32, 95, YG06, 11)  then cut them out. 
  • I assembled them under a black Offray bow using my favorite glue Zip Dry
  • To add a little interest, I included some Wilton sparkly stamens and some black dots with my Micron pen. 
  • The sentiment (TB3364 Sophisticated Sentiments) was added to finish it off.   
Make sure to stop by on TUESDAY as I join Rita and my other TAC friends for TUNE IN TUESDAY... PASTEL Challenge on the Savvy Projects Blog.

2 comments:

  1. I am turning green with envy! Keep posting what you do with yours! Great card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's on my list but not yet! Love your card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to view my blog and comment on my work. I appreciate it!